Is it worth suing walmart for a slip n fall causing a torn muscle in back of my left thigh?

Asked over 1 year ago - Belen, NM

I was in a walmart store. I had finished paying and was walking out with my cart of groceries. In front of registers and photo lab I stepped on something wet. My left foot began to slide. I tried to catch myself and couldn't. i practically did the splits. I heard a pop and screamed. i had injured my left leg, upper left thigh to be exact. A customer was quick to help me. He also saw the whole thing. Clerks ran to me. They then proceeded to lift me, sat me on a chair right there in the center of everything for all to view. At that point I was more humiliated than anything. When I tried to walk I couldn't. I got them to move me but they had to bring their electronic shopping cart. The pain was intense and i sought medical treatment. Turns out I have a severe pulled thigh muscle.

1. Jeffrey Mark Adams

6

Answered . Speak with a local and qualified personal injury attorney. Only someone who knows your terrain can give you the lay of the arena. Good luck.
    Ps. Do not speak with Walmart

2. Michael R Crosner

5

Answered . These cases are difficult & Walmart is known for putting up a tough fight. If you are sure your only injury is a muscle strain probably not worth the battle - However you should consult with a local personal injury attorney - most offer free consultations so what have you got to lose

3. Matthew C Simon

Pro

4

Answered . Seek a free consultation with an experienced personal injury attorney in your area. He or she can investigate on your behalf. You would likely have much difficulty trying to handle this without an attorney. Best of luck.

4. Jeffrey Ira Schwimmer

4

Answered . First you say you have a "torn" muscle; then its a "severe pulled thigh muscle". The first is definitely more serious than the latter, but either way consult an attorney immediately. Walmart stores are generally equipped with surveillance cameras, particularly showing the cash register areas, but the video tape is only preserved for a relatively short time period - so immediate action is the key.

5. Jason Todd Studinski

3

Answered . I don't know about whether it is worth suing Walmart in this case. I do think it would be a good idea for you to consult with a local personal injury lawyer who could investigate this case and give you their best thoughts. I hope this helps. Good luck.

Pro

3

Answered . A young lawyer would probably take this case on.

7. Stephen D Aarons

1

Answered . It is "worth suing" only if a shiny new lawyer wants to take your case. You have clear liability and a deep Walmart pocket, but very little in the way of damages to justify the time and expense.

8. Gilbert Richard Hoy Jr

Pro

1

Answered . It depends on the laws in New Mexico. In Massachusetts, where I practice, your claim might well be meritorious. Immediately consult with an expert New Mexico personal injury lawyer.