Is it worth my time, fighting for my pet, since I already paid a "Pet Deposit"?

Missouri City, TX |

On 5/2/13, I paid a $300 Pet deposit to the previous Property Management, however, previous property management did not note anything in our unit folder. Now there is a new property management (same owners, though) and our lease ended 9/30/13 and when we went to sign the new lease, they are giving us a hard time about reinstating our lease, due to our pet being a "restricted breed". Previous property management cashed the money orders, which "Pet Deposit" was written on money orders and my personal receipts, and I NEVER received another letter about violating our lease for having a pet, which I still have copies of the violation letters too. My lease ended yesterday; today they will let us know they're decision about reinstating lease and I'm very concerned.

They are under no obligation to renew your lease. You are now on a month-to-month lease. They can give you today a notice to vacate in 30 days.

Landlord-tenant topics

Recommended articles about Landlord-tenant