Is it true that the removal of conditions of green card is done automatically by the USCIS

Mission Viejo, CA |

by sending the notice to the last known address. Assuming that my divorced husband did not update his address (which I suspect he did not) and I have reported him to immigration for fraud by also pointing out to his unupdated address after we divorced, is it possible that the notice of 90-days would still arrive at my address in the next several months. Or will the uscis pay attention to the situation and not send the notice to me even if those are automatic.

1. Your question is unclear. USCIS does NOT send any "notice" for the need to remove conditions within 90 days of before the GC's expiration.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

2. It is the applicants responsibility to file to remove the conditions 90 days prior to the expiration date on the conditional greencard. The USCIS does not send notice to remind you of this.

3. I have seen a few reminder notices that USCIS has sent to some of my clients regarding removal of conditions, but its infrequent enough that I'm always surprised by it. Having said that, removal of conditions on resident cards do not automatically occur but must be affirmatively filed for.