Is it true that first you need to recieve an approval letter before the 90 day processing time begins to recieve a work pemit?

Asked over 1 year ago - Perris, CA

Applying for the deffered actin... have not recived anything.had my biometric taken on november 20,2012 and filed on october 15,2012

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

20

1

Answered . No, both your application for DACA and your I-765 need to be approved before you can receive your work permit.

2. Charles Bennion

Pro

6

Best Answer

Answered . The above answers give you good guidance. My guess is you are also wondering how long it will take until your application is approved. There are many who filed around the time you did who have been approved, but also many who have had no final response. Recently some of the workload has been shifted to different offices to allow for quicker processing. Hopefully that will result in a more speedy response for you.

3. Michael Paul Ruttle

5

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. You will not be issued a work authorization until both forms have been approved.

4. Gintare Grigaite

6

Answered . No. For deferred action, your work authorization will be only approved if your deferred action is approved. So in essence, you have to wait for both applications to be approved, before you can be issued a work authorization.

5. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

4

Answered . You must be approved for DACA before you can receive the work permit.