Is it true that first you need to recieve an approval letter before the 90 day processing time begins to recieve a work pemit?

Asked over 1 year ago - Perris, CA

Applying for the deffered actin... have not recived anything.had my biometric taken on november 20,2012 and filed on october 15,2012

Attorney answers (5)

  1. Carl Michael Shusterman


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . No, both your application for DACA and your I-765 need to be approved before you can receive your work permit.

    (213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration... more
  2. Charles Bennion


    Contributor Level 5


    Lawyers agree

    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . The above answers give you good guidance. My guess is you are also wondering how long it will take until your application is approved. There are many who filed around the time you did who have been approved, but also many who have had no final response. Recently some of the workload has been shifted to different offices to allow for quicker processing. Hopefully that will result in a more speedy response for you.

  3. Michael Paul Ruttle

    Contributor Level 9


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree with my colleagues. You will not be issued a work authorization until both forms have been approved.

    The above information does not constitute legal advice, and is intended only as general information. You should... more
  4. Gintare Grigaite

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . No. For deferred action, your work authorization will be only approved if your deferred action is approved. So in essence, you have to wait for both applications to be approved, before you can be issued a work authorization.

    Contact immigration attorney Gintare Grigaite, Esq. at 201-471-7989, located in New York and New Jersey. Contact... more
  5. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You must be approved for DACA before you can receive the work permit.

    Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street,... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,939 answers this week

3,101 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,939 answers this week

3,101 attorneys answering