Is it true that first you need to recieve an approval letter before the 90 day processing time begins to recieve a work pemit?

Perris, CA |
Filed under: Immigration

Applying for the deffered actin... have not recived anything.had my biometric taken on november 20,2012 and filed on october 15,2012

The above answers give you good guidance. My guess is you are also wondering how long it will take until your application is approved. There are many who filed around the time you did who have been approved, but also many who have had no final response. Recently some of the workload has been shifted to different offices to allow for quicker processing. Hopefully that will result in a more speedy response for you.

No. For deferred action, your work authorization will be only approved if your deferred action is approved. So in essence, you have to wait for both applications to be approved, before you can be issued a work authorization.

Contact immigration attorney Gintare Grigaite, Esq. at 201-471-7989, located in New York and New Jersey. Contact immigration attorney Gintare Grigaite, Esq. for a free consultation about new Immigration Reform policies. Answers on AVVO do not constitute legal advice and do not form attorney-client relationship. Always consult an attorney for a legal advice.

No, both your application for DACA and your I-765 need to be approved before you can receive your work permit.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

I agree with my colleagues. You will not be issued a work authorization until both forms have been approved.

The above information does not constitute legal advice, and is intended only as general information. You should speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case, as not all facts are known at this time.

You must be approved for DACA before you can receive the work permit.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

Recommended articles about Immigration