Is it true in the state of Colorado who ever hits a person from behind is at fault in a car accident ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Colorado Springs, CO

1. Daniel Nelson Deasy

8

Answered . No.

As I just posted, however, there is a presumption of negligence against the rear-ending driver that is rebuttable. That means the driver who rear-ended the other car can fight liability.

Dan

2. Christopher Daniel Leroi

Pro

7

Answered . Mr. Deasy is correct. There is a presumption of negligence, but you can overcome that. Officers love to write following too closely and careless driving tickets in that situation just as a matter of course for whomever rear-ended another driver. However, there are MANY instances in which the trailing driver did nothing wrong.

3. Michael Charles Doland

6

Answered . It is not a "rule" but a "presumption" (since "presumably" the following car was the last able to prevent the accident (except for following too close, too fast, etc.)

4. Kevin Coluccio

6

Answered . It is a presumption, as noted by the others.

5. David B Pittman

Pro

6

Answered . There is a presumption of guilt in a rear end collision but nothing is ever 100%. Call a lawyer if you are still unsure.

Pro

6

Answered . No. Typically the car that hits another in the rear is liable 9 times out of 10. Have a local car accident lawyer investigate your accident.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com