Is it too late to t file a claim against a pharmaceutical company, and or dr?

Asked over 1 year ago - Tulsa, OK

Treated in Er in October 2011,with a medicine intravenously, serious adverse side effects immediately following administration of drug. Had no clue it was related to medicine, until later. But I see there is a 2 year statute of limitation regarding filing a claim, had no clue. Been suffering side effects since. I'm assuming i'm not able to file a claim, wondering if there is anyway around this? Thanks much.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. George Costas Andriotis

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Consult an attorney to investigate the incident and advise you if you can still make a claim. Best of luck.

    Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at
  2. Christian K. Lassen II


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Many states have discovery rule exceptions. Call a local med mal lawyer to discuss whether this exception works.

  3. Josh P Tolin

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Don't assume your statute has expired. An OK attorney can tell you what the statute is and whether it is from date of injury or discovery. In Missouri, the statute is 5 years. I don't know what injuries you have, but seek an experienced attorney in your locality that handles products cases. Call an attorney as soon as possible.

One or more answers have been taken down.

Related Topics

Medical malpractice

Medical malpractice occurs when a medical professional's negligence causes injury to a patient. Incorrect actions and inaction can both be forms of negligence.

Jonathan Michael Rolnick

Medical Malpractice Case

There is an expectation when we see a physician or go to the hospital that a certain "reasonable" standard of care will be provided. In most cases, this is exactly what happens. There are... more

Pain and suffering for personal injury

Pain and suffering refers to physical and mental trauma caused by an injury, and is often a significant component of non-economic damages.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,754 answers this week

3,365 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,754 answers this week

3,365 attorneys answering