Is it too late to sue my ex and several key employees for domestic violence or mobbing? Have PTSD was too distraught at time..

Orlando, FL |

Divorce final Oct 09. 10 months leading to mediation I was attacked verbally, emotionally, psychologically, financially, physically daily, Twice tried strangling me, ganged up key employees at our business who hacked my email,,changed my office locks, hid details and stole money for him.Intimidated others to point afraid to speak to me. In the public eye, he and these people convinced most of community I was a drug addict, alcoholic, thief and mentally unstable.Marriage had long abuse history, wasnt allowed friends, no one knew me so believed. I had no support. Told my attorney wanted to sue him for it but said wait till divorce over, did nothing to defend me or even inform mediator abuse an issue. I lost everything unable in mediation to stand up for myself. Stronger now, is it too late?,

You likely have no case for the verbal, emotional, psychological attacks. You might have a case for any physical violence you suffered but it really depends on what kind of violence was wrought, how it was committed, and the injuries you sustained. A statute of limitations is in play, for both criminal and civil purposes, meaning there is a time limitation for when a case can be initiated from the date of the offense. Misdemeanor battery, for example, has a criminal statute of limitations of 2 years, so that could not be prosecuted. There is also the real concern that because so much time has passed since the acts occurred, you will have a tough time convincing others that the allegations are true, unless you have some sort of independent evidence like photos, video, or third party witnesses.

This is not to be considered legal advice nor does an attorney-client relationship exist.

Your best option is to speak to an attorney that can provide you with advice directed to your specific case and facts.

In your area, Harbor House provides safe shelter, a 24-hour crisis hotline, counseling, and emotional support, and legal advocacy for thousands of domestic violence survivors and their children each year.

Go to for more information.

You can also speak to someone at the Florida Coalition Against Domestic Violence for help.

Good luck to you.

This information is a general answer and is not specific to any particular case. Carin Manders Constantine, Esq. 727-456-0032/ 727-488-8272

Thank you. Obviously I still have not only financial but emotional problems over what I went through.

Carin Manders Constantine

Carin Manders Constantine

You are very welcome. I wish you well.

Recommended articles about Family law