Is it too late to serve him?

Houston, TX |

I wanted to know if its too late to serve the father of my child. I hadn't had him served by the time I went to court. The judge set a trial on merits in 2 months b/c he wasn't served.. Can I still have him served if I know where he is now? Going through a divorce in which my husband is not my daughters dad. If it is too late......what will the judge likely rule in a case like this?

Yes, you can still serve him and should do so immediately. It is not too late. You should also retain counsel to help you sort through the paternity issues and the possibilities for getting your case resolved.

2. In general, you should serve the other side as soon as you can. I don't understand what happened in your case - why would a Judge set a trial when a party was not served? Do you mean the divorce trial was set, and it was agreed that your husband was not the father? And I can't tell what issue you're wondering how the Judge will rule on.

This information is not legal advice and does not form an attorney-client relationship.

3. If you don't have an attorney representing you, you need to hire one tomorrow!

It is obvious that you desperately need legal representation.

Please hire an attorney.

Look on this website & hire someone.

Attorney Brochstein is donating her time and talent by answering questions to help those in need of legal information. If you found this answer "helpful" or "best answer", please select the button to show your appreciation. Please understand that this is not a consultation and in no way creates an attorney-client relationship. You are strongly encouraged to consult with an attorney in your county in person about your specific problem.