Is it too late to go to court.?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Pomona, CA

I had two minor parking tickets from about a yr ago..i haven't paid or went to court..is it possible i have warrants and or license suspension.? And if i do what's my next step.?

1. Tiffany Nicole Romine

Pro

3

Answered . If you failed to appear at your court date a warrant was most likely issued. You can contact the court clerk to get another court date to deal with the tickets. However you should contact a traffic attorney to to review the specifics and discuss with you how you should proceed given the warrants and financial liabilities you are facing.

www.rominesadvice.com

2. Jason Robert Miller

3

Answered . It is unlikely that you have a warrant or a license suspension for unpaid parking tickets. Too many unpaid parking tickets can be reported to the DMV and result in a vehicle being booted until tickets are paid. I recommend getting the tickets paid as soon as possible.

3. Zev Goldstein

Pro

1

Answered . Here in NY they don't issue warrants for parking tickets, but they do suspend your registration and license. While in the city they convict you of the parking ticket for not showing up, in most other areas they will allow you to go to trial.
    However, if all we are talking about is parking tickets, it may be worth your while to just plead guilty, and pay the fine.
    Good luck