Is it too late to file a malpractice suit against a hospital or its doctor

Asked over 1 year ago - Brunswick, GA

A lumbar fusion was done in 2007. Suffered increased sharp pains in my lower back throughout the years. Xrays were done in 2010. The screws were noticed by a Chiropractor, but the xrays disappeared. Now I am having serious pains.

1. Fareesh S. Sarangi

Pro

3

Answered . I am sorry you are suffering through this. Unfortunately, you are out of time to file a suit. At best, you would get 2 years from the date of the x-rays to file suit, and based on your description of it being in 2010, you are out of time. I hope you heal well

2. George Costas Andriotis

4

1

Answered . Consult a medical malpractice attorney to be sure but it appears too much time has passed.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.
  3. Todd Nathan Hendrickson

Pro

3

Answered . Unfortunately, you are almost certainly past the time limit to file. Consult with an attorney in Georgia immediately to confirm, but it would be rare to be able to bring a medical malpractice case 6 years after the negligence.

4. Mickey David Larson

3

Answered . I'm not licensed to practice in Georgia, but there's a slim chance that a suit would still be possible. The answer may depends on when you should have known that an error had been made. Good luck.

Pro

3

Answered . Statute is 2 years with exceptions, so call a local med map lawyer in your state to discuss.