Is it too late for a 5 year abusive marriage, that ended in divorce 30 years ago, become annulled now?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Middletown, NJ

At the time, I could not afford an annulment, so I decided to end it in a divorce. I have
since remarried, but always felt, "if only I could've annulled my previous marriage." The reason I feel this way is because an annulled marriage is one that is not recognized, one
that never existed, and one that I truly wanted annulled because it was so abusive.

I look forward to your reply. Thank you.

1. Yolanda Navarrete

1

Answered . I don't believe a court would have jurisdiction to decide on a marriage that was previously adjudicated and where you have remarried. Perhaps if you married in a church they would annul it. I am not sure if that would help you.

2. Bari Zell Weinberger

Pro

Answered . I agree with Attorney Navarrete - it is extremely unlikely that your divorce can now be annuled. If your marriage was a religious marriage, you may want to seek assistance from the Church.

3. Pegeen Comerford Williams

Answered . I agree with was previously said by counsel, it is very unlikely that a Court would grant you one after this time. However, you may be able to seek a religious annulment. Best of luck to you.