Is it to late to file a claim on an accident that was 6 months ago.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Rome, GA

Is it to late to file a claim A car hit us from the back, hit & run, & dui

1. Sidney Weinstein

7

Answered . If you know who the other person is, yes you can still file.

Sid Weinstein, Accident Attorney
    Atlanta, GA
    404-552-3108

2. David H. Burns

Pro

7

Answered . Assuming this occurred in Georgia, you have up to two years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit. You should consult with an attorney licensed in Georgia right away.

3. Steven Mark Sweat

8

Answered . Consult an attorney in GA regarding filing a claim and/or submitting this to your own carrier if you have uninsured motorist coverage. Don't delay any further.

4. David W. Terry

7

Answered . I assume that this accident was in Georgia. If so, you need to talk with a Georgia attorney who can give you information on the applicable statutes of limitations. Good luck!

5. Henry David Bullard

4

Answered . No, you have two years from the date of the wreck to file a lawsuit if you cannot reach a settlement with the insurance company. We practice here in Georgia state-wide and used to represent insurance companies and their insureds a combined 29 years before we switched sides. I'm happy to speak with you and you can reach me at 478-254-3606.

6. Glen Edward Ashman

Pro

4

Answered . If this happened in Georgia you have 2 years although the longer you wait the less time a lawyer has to properly prepare a case. I'd be glad to review your case at no charge (404-768-3509).

7. Michael Lawson Neff

Pro

3

Answered . You should take prompt action. Have you reported the wreck to your insurance carrier to preserve UM coverage? That should be done ASAP.

If you have questions, call us at 404-531-9700.

8. Timothy Minthorn Klob

Pro

2

Answered . It is not too late, but cases like this do not get better with time, so you should act quickly and retain an attorney. I wish you the best with your claim and your recovery.

Timothy M. Klob
    Klob Law Firm
    770-554-8100