Is it the responsibility of the landlord or tenant to cover pest control expenses?

Seattle, WA |

I live in Lynnwood, WA. The apartment rental agreement is month to month. There is a bed bug infestation. My landlord informed me that the expenses are mine to pay for. I have been living in the apartment with a roommate since March.

1. See RCW 59.18.060. If you cause the infestation it is your responsibility. If it is simply a recurring problem or something that happensat the beginning then it is the Landlord's problem.

2. I agree with the previous answer. The landlord would be responsible in a multi-unit building, unless you were the cause of the infestation.
    Good Luck

Please be sure to indicate the best answer. If this answer was helpful, please mark as helpful below. Only. If and until you and I sign an Agreement for Legal Services, I am not your attorney. These answers are provided for informational and/or novelty purposes

Landlord-tenant law topics