Is it safe to travel overseas between the time of receiving a receipt for H1 transfer and actual approval notice?

Houston, TX |

Currently on 6th year of H1B due to expire September 2013
Visa stamp until September 30th, 2013
Perm filed by existing employer in September 2012
I-140 filed by existing employer and approved in March 2013
Obtained a new job and new employer will be applying for an H1 transfer in NORMAL processing (4-8 weeks)

1. You were not injured. This is an Immigration question. I will re-categorize it for you.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate by clicking the up icon. Legal Disclaimer: Mr. Candiano is licensed to practice law in Illinois and Indiana. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Links: CJCandiano@CandianoLaw.com http://www.CandianoLaw.com

2. Travel outside the US always entails some risk.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

3. You can travel. The risk is probably not that great. I would advise against this anyway for the reasons mentioned by Mr. Ferrari.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.