Is it safe to sign up for a membership of porn?

Garden Grove, CA |

my friend used to download porn long times ago but he dont do it anymore, and he actually thinking about paying for a membership online so he can watch it legally, should he do it since they actually requested personal info for credit card? would they use that info to go after him

and when my friend about to sign up, they actually want to recorded his ip address for security reason

1. I am not sure how this is a criminal question. Like it or not most of the recent technology that we all use today is due to the porn industry. It is one of the largest money makers on the internet and generates billions of dollars. So I would say yes people legally pay for memberships to porn sights all the time.
    Robert Driessen

Mr. Driessen is a former Deputy DA in Orange County with over 8 years of criminal law experience. Nothing stated on this site shall in anyway be construed as legal advice, or as creating any attorney client relationship. If you would like to hire Mr. Driessen, feel free to contact him at www.theocduiguy.com.

2. Porn where the actors are no younger than 18 is fine. The age of consent to act in porn in Great Britain is 16, so a lot of the porn which shows girls obviously younger comes out of Great Britain or other European countries. If it is righteous adult porn, the only thing he has to worry about is his wife or girlfriend.

3. It is legal to watch pornography on your home computer. It can be addicting, though.

Child pornography is a separate matter and is to be avoided at all costs.

Like buying anything over the Internet, there are risks when giving out personal information. He may want to acquire a low-limit cash card and use that rather than his regular credit card if worried about financial information falling into the wrong hands.

Spouses and girlfriends tend to frown on this (or at least ones I know, do).

Confidential information should not be disclosed in this Internet forum. Click on the "More..." link for IMPORTANT INFORMATION about this AVVO Answer. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . I am an experienced Wisconsin lawyer. The laws in each jurisdiction can be very different. I cannot give legal advice over the internet nor can I establish an attorney client relationship with you. You should NOT assume or otherwise conclude that there is an attorney -client relationship between any reader and this writer or his firm. These comments are only guideposts. They are not subject to any privilege protections. Indeed, these internet communications are neither privileged nor confidential. Accordingly, those using this form of communication need to be guarded in what they write. Because of the nature of these communications the information is general only and should not be relied upon in any specific case. This internet site is public forum, where the communications are not confidential or privileged. There may very well be merit to your defense or position in this type of situation. However, there are hardly sufficient details for an attorney to provide you with some path to follow. It is imperative that ALL of the facts in a particular situation be examined. No conclusion can be drawn from the communication that you have provided. There are some matters that are just better handled by an attorney familiar with the procedures of the courts in your area. Most, if not all, legal matters should not be handled via internet communication. At best, the responders on this site can give you a few hints and guidance. To deal with a legal problem, nothing is better than to consult with a lawyer who will give you some time and advice. If you cannot afford an attorney, there should be agencies in your area that can provide discounted, or even free, legal services. For a definitive answer you should seek legal advice from an attorney who (1) is licensed to practice in the state which has jurisdiction; (2) has experience in the area of law you are asking about, and (3) has been retained as your attorney for representation or consultation. Your question and the attorney’s answer may be used for promotional or educational purposes.

4. What if they download kiddie porn on your computer mixed with the other stream, especially over time and threaten to turn you in if you stop. You computer will have a long duration record of all sorts of stuff making you look very guilty. When you click, you don't always know what you will get.

If you have a chance, go and look at the army, navy & air force courts of appeals websites. They convict people very often where it is discovered on their computers. Not just government computers but home computers also.

Here is some more reading material from 2010 made available to federal defenders. Read what the penalties are and what is involved in defending these types of cases.

Curt Harrington Patent & Tax Law Attorney Certified Tax Specialist by the California Board of Legal Specialization PATENTAX.COM This communication is general information and not legal advice, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. This communication should not be relied upon as any type of legal advice. Please note that no attorney-client relationship exists between the sender and the recipient of this message in the absence of either (1) a signed fee contract and (2) remission of an agreed-upon retainer. Absent such an agreement and retainer, I am not engaged by you as an attorney, nor is any other member of my law firm.

5. By the sound of your question it seems as if you are a young man. I would ask that you examine the question, why you need pornography in your life? What is missing in terms of doing more useful things with your life and accomplishing something significant. I know of no good reason for a someone your age to start down this road of paying for pornography which only degrades and objectifies women. Why don't you spend the time you would be staring at the computer screen and actually devote that time to developing a real relationship with a real woman. I would seriously ask yourself why it is you need to resort to this. Anyway, those are my thoughts on the subject.