Is it safe to sign a waiver of probate of will?

Wetumpka, AL |

Uncle Passed with no will in place. Assets are to go to his siblings. my mother was his sister & she has passed also. I understand i will get her portion., however my other uncle is asking for a waiver of probate of will...Should I sigh it . I am not close to this side of the family & not sure if I should trust them.Would I be signing my portion away? How can I make sure I dont give up my portion?

Yes, that will allow the will to be probated sooner and without a hearing. You should get a copy of the will with the Waiver and if the will leaves assets to you, you should sign it.

You have 6 months to file a claim or to contest the will if you want.

Trusting is complicated. President Ragen used to say trust but verify, and so should you. get a lawyer and see what is in the estate.

The materials available at this web site are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use of and access to this Web site or any of the e-mail links contained within the site do not create an attorney-client relationship between Howard Roitman, Esq. and the user or browser. The opinions expressed at or through this site are the opinions of the individual author and may not reflect the opinions of the firm or any individual attorney.

REtain your own lawyer to counsel you on this issue.

Legal disclaimer: This answer does not constitute legal advice. I am admitted to practice law in the State of Missouri only, and make no attempt to opine on matters of law that are not relevant to Missouri. This answer is based on general principles of law that may or may not relate to your specific situation, and is for promotional purposes only. You should never rely on this answer alone and nothing in these communications creates an attorney-client relationship. less

Anyone could have gien me this advice. You were not very helpful @ all. Thanks for nothing.

Wills and estates topics

Recommended articles about Wills and estates