Is it safe to exercise First Amendment freedoms, without a protective order, given the following facts in corrupt Kentucky?

Asked over 1 year ago - Bardstown, KY

I had to file a suit against a county attorney for refusing to allow me to protest a business. The business owner runs the very rural county for is rich and politically connected. The federal judge denied a temporary restraining order alleging that there was no requisite irreparable harm. I then found law that "The loss of First Amendment freedoms, for even minimal periods of time, unquestionably constitutes irreparable injury." 427 U.S. 347, 373. As it was over six weeks when the judge denied me a restraining order he was doing wrong. He has stated that there is a claim under 42 U.S.C. Section 1983. But he refuses to provide a protective order. I am 72 years, and don't want to be further brutalized. It is now safe to protest? What best to do, as the county is corrupt and brutal?

1. Christine C McCall

Pro

3

Answered . You are 72, trapped in a corrupt jurisdiction, and you don't want to be brutalized? In that case, you need to be seeking your legal analysis and advice by a far more risk-averse and comprehensive method than can be available to you in a free Q and A on the internet. Talk with a lawyer asap.

2. Frank Mascagni III

1

Answered . You need to consult with an expereinced attorney and have him/her review the file and your objectives. This forum can not address this matter, it is too complicated. Good luck in locating an attorney to advise you.

3. David B Pittman

Pro

1

Answered . You need to consult a local attorney on this. Too many variables for an accurate answer on this forum.

4. Rixon Charles Rafter III

1

Answered . Depends on what you mean by 'safe'.
    Contact a civil rights attorney in a jurisdiction sufficiently far from your county to be outside the influence if this family.

FWIW, litigation is a brutal, unpleasant, stressful series of actions and maneuvers; you cannot expect to fight the good fight without going through further 'brutalization'.