Is it safe to answer an employer who has given me a false accusation memo in writing to explain my side? can my letter harm ?

San Antonio, TX |

there is no evidence to this claim of an improper behavior. only personal information of the person making the accusation, such as her private life experience.

Don't do it without consulting a local employment law attorney. Use the "find a lawyer" tool on AVVO.

We do not have an attorney-client relationship. I am not your lawyer. The statements I have made do not constitute legal advice. Any statements I have made are based upon the very limited facts you have presented, and under the premise that you will consult with a local attorney. This is not an attempt to solicit business. This disclaimer is in addition to any disclaimers that this website has made. I am only licensed in California.

Retaining an employment lawyer is best bet. Avvo has a terrific "find a lawyer" tool to locate a top-rated Avvo attorney with a LOW fee. Good luck.

Anytime you put something in writing, you create a potential exhibit. If your dispute with your employer escalates, they may use your own memo against you. As my colleagues have suggested, you should consult an experience labor and employment attorney. Provide your attorney with all the facts and any relevant documentation, then allow him/her to assist you in drafting the written response.

Your question has been answered as a courtesy. This is not paid legal advice. Nothing in this communication is intended to create an attorney-client relationship. Unless expressly stated otherwise, nothing contained in this message should be construed as a digital or electronic signature, nor is it intended to reflect an intention to make an agreement by electronic means.

You should respond, but be careful what you put in writing. I would suggest seeking a professional to help you.

Recommended articles about Employment