Is it rape if a 30 year old male has sex with a 16 year old female who already has a baby with another guy that is 19 in NY?

Asked over 1 year ago - Niagara Falls, NY

Female 16 with 2 year old having sex with 30 years male. Can I have him arrested for rape in NY?

1. Joseph A Lo Piccolo

10

Answered . Yes!

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
    Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
    Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
    1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
    Garden City, NY 11530
    516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)
    Jlopiccolo@hbclaw.net

2. Barry Franklin Poulson

11

Answered . The only things that matters are the ages. Age of consent in NY is 17. And, 30 is too old for "close in age."

3. Jayson Lutzky

Pro

9

Answered . Yes if the 30 had sexual relations with a 16 year old in NYS it is rape. The 16 year old having a baby from a prior relationship is irrelevant, that is not a defense.

4. Benjamin J Lieberman

9

Answered . Yes!

5. Malcolm Pierce LaVergne

9

Answered . The requirement for statutory rape has been met in New York, where the age of consent is 17. Having him arrested, however, is within the sole discretion of the local prosecutor, who may decline to press charges.

6. Jeffrey Bruce Gold

Pro

9

Answered . Yes, its rape. NY doesn't recognize the, she wasn't a virgin in the first place defense.

7. Michael Lawrence Doyle

Pro

9

Answered . The child makes absolutely no difference. She is under the age and he is 30. He is almost twice her age. This is a serious issue.

8. Arkady Bukh

Pro

7

Answered . I would also add a 'yes' answer to your question. It is only the age of the parties that matters, not whatever their prior sexual history is.