Is it probable cause to get pulled over for a DUI if the cop received a tip from a "concerned citizen"?

Asked over 1 year ago - Henderson, NV

I recently got arrested for a DUI several weeks ago. My BAC with the breathalyzer was at 0.94 I believe. When the officer initially pulled me over he said that he was doing so because someone apparently called and claimed "I was making crazy turns". After I dropped a friend off at his apartment and was leaving, I noticed cop cars at the entrance of the apartment complex. As soon I exited the complex they made a U-turn and began to follow me for less than a mile. I was obeying all the rules of the road but as soon as I turned left at a stoplight, they decided to pull me over. I was charged with "unsafe turn, improper position/method at I-sect". I genuinely believe the cops unjustly fabricated this violation just to pull me over. Is there a chance I can have my case dismissed due to this?

1. Patrick Owen Earl

Pro

1

Answered . In the state of WA an officer can be alerted to a car from an informant however the officer needs to see some of the bad driving, some infraction being committed or something that the officer can testify to before he stops the car. So talk to your attorney and make sure you have a good experienced attorney.