Is it possible to sue or get a settlement for malpractice is Florida?

Asked over 1 year ago - Tampa, FL

I had a prostatectomy about 18 months ago and am having continuing problems that I was told virtually do not happen.

1. Michael Dustin Sechrest

Pro

3

Answered . I'm sorry your procedure did not go well. Yes, you can bring an action for med mal in Florida but the statute of limitations is 2 years so you should speak to a lawyer soon. There are presuit requirements that take some time.

2. Elizabeth Taylor Herd

Pro

3

Answered . It almost sounds like you are saying that you were guaranteed results. I would need more information to evaluate anyone trial claim, including the dates and the names of there users who performed the procedure. In order to successfully pursue a claim you would need to find a like provider who says that the care given fell below the standard of care and caused you permanent damages. You have two years from the time you knew or should have known to take steps to preserve your claim.

Pro

4

Answered . You can have a local malpractice lawyer order your medical records to review.

4. William Emil Cassara

Pro

3

Answered . There is no possible way any attorney can evaluate a case based on this little information. Use AVVOs Find a Lawyer function and consult a malpractice lawyer in Tampa.

5. Ryan Philip Rudd

Pro

Answered . Need much more information, however generally in Florida you have a two year statutue of limitations to bring a claim when medical malpractice is involved. Seek advice of an experienced medical malpractice attorney immediately so you do not run the risk of your case been barred from recovery.