Is it possible to sue former attorney in smalls claims court for breach of fiduciary duty?

New York, NY |

The attorney lied to the client and providing misleading statements to the client during representation.

1. You have not provided enough information to answer the question. However, you should speak with the attorney and address your concerns. It is possible that this was a misunderstanding or mere miscommunication. If the attorney truly lied or misled you, then you may need to speak with a local attorney who handles professional legal malpractice. You dont explain what your damages are, so there is no way to give any insight on that issue.

2. No one can give you an opinion without knowing the facts. Be advised that if you sue in small claims court you limit the amount you can sue for.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 385-8015 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.