Is it possible to sue CPS and win? Are there any attorney's in Sacramento truly willing to fight?

Asked 8 months ago - Sacramento, CA

Is it even possible to sue AND WIN? When my grandsons were removed several years ago CPS wrote in Court documents the grandmother was a stalker, a drug addict, and physically abusive among other things. None of which is remotely true. They had to do something to make sure they got the money for the baby who was abused(NOT by me) and adopted. My other grandson is in the system only as collateral damage. I have been searching for an attorney for 2 years that is willing to truly fight CPS. I want my name cleared. The lies told are the only reason my grandson is not out of the system. I passed all their tests and classes. I may not ever see him til he ages out but if I can help other children and families I would be happy. More than anything tho I want my name cleared.

1. Christine C McCall

Pro

1

1

Answered . If you have been searching for an attorney for two years about actions by a State agency done "several years ago," it is almost a certainty that any legal claim will have problems re the statute of limitations. But you should talk with a civil rights attorney for a full and reliable analysis.

2. James Louis Miller

Pro

Answered . I agree with Ms. McCall any claims that you may have had may now be moot due to the Statute of Limitations. There is really not enough facts for me to give an informed response. Have you spoken to other attorneys?