Is it possible to stop a Union Steward from harassing a Supervisor?

Cincinnati, OH |

I am a female supervisor in my mid-twenties who is being verbally harassed and bullied by one of my Union Stewards, who is male and in his mid-fifties. Is there anything I can do stop this behavior, especially since I have to deal with him 1-on-1 on a regular basis, which means I have no witnesses this harassment? Or is this Steward simply covered by Steward’s Rights, and I am going to have to leave my job to escape the harassment?

No employee should ever be forced to deal with harassment in the workplace. The fact that this man is a Union Steward does insulate him from liability for harassing you. You should contact a lawyer immediately to have your case evaluated. Our firm provides free consultations and you can contact me at 937-834-0069. Most employment attorneys will provide you with a free consultation. Another option would be the Ohio Employment Lawyer's Association at http://www.oelasmart.net, which can provide you with an employment attorney in your area. I hope this helps!