Is it possible to share ownership of foreign subsidiary in the US?

One foreign company would like to open a subsidiary in the US and they offered me to run it and 50% of ownership. I would like to check what is the best way to provide this?

Astoria, NY -

Jeffrey Mead Kurzon

Jeffrey Mead Kurzon

Business Attorney - New York, NY

Yes. This is possible. Assuming the foreign owner would like to operate through an LLC, you would need a well drafted LLC operating agreement to protect both of your rights. We handle this type of work, but so do many business attorneys in NY. Please feel free to contact us if you would like to discuss a possible representation.

Ian Edmund Scott

Ian Edmund Scott

Business Attorney - New York, NY

Lots of ways to do this. Company could own 50% of the company and you could own 50%. Anyway you look at it you need some form of partnership agreement to spell out who gets what and what happens in various situations. Here is an article we wrote on business entities. We would be happy t help you.

http://legalservicesincorporated.com/what-you-s...