Is it possible to renew NY State driver's license when H1b expired and applied for extension?

Utica, NY |

I am on H1b visa which got expired on Sep 10 2012. My employer applied for extension of my H1 on July 3rd for which result is awaited. Is it possible to renew the NY state drivers licence when H1 is expired and applied for renewal. As per DMV it is not at all possible till the time I get my approval. Please help.

1. It's up to the local govt agency issuing licenses. If your DMV won't allow it, then they won't allow it.

If you need representation, call us at (530) 758-8317 or email thelaw@mytrustedlawyer.com Our replies to Avvo questions should not be considered specific legal advice to any individual, and no attorney-client relationship is formed with you. Our aim is to provide general principles that may be useful to the Avvo community as a whole. You should seek individual legal advice pertaining to your specific factual situation, and the laws applicable to your jurisdiction. If you want that advice from us, contact us at thelaw@mytrustedlawyer.com.