Is it possible to receive child support before I am actually divorced?

This isn't something I had originally planned for, but we're separated, and my hours have been cut back at work. Starting child support earlier would really help.

San Antonio, TX -

Attorney Answers (1)

M Elizabeth Gunn

M Elizabeth Gunn

Criminal Defense Attorney - Galveston, TX

Yes, that's definitely possible. You'll need to go ahead and file for divorce and request that the judge enter temporary orders in the case, which will specify things like child support, who can do what with joint accounts and the home, custody and visitation, etc. while the divorce is pending.

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.