Is it possible to press charges against a public school district for the administration of purposefully unfair tests?

Asked over 1 year ago - Rochester, MN

My school district offers a series of credit by assessment tests which allow students to receive credit for a class by taking a test that shows they have already met the outcomes of the class. Students often try to test out of reading class, as many students are overqualified for this class but it is still required for graduation. In an effort keep students in the reading program the school district purposefully created the reading credit by assessment test to be near impossible to pass. After questioning several school officials I finally got an admission from the executive director of curriculum and instruction that this test was purposefully made unfair to students. As a result many students have wasted significant time taking the test and sitting through an unnecessary reading class.

1. Christine C McCall

Pro

Answered . More likely you obtained an admission that the test was purposely made difficult for students to pass. But either way, these facts do not support a sound lawsuit.