Is it possible to obtain a Driver´s License and a Bank Account in the US being an F1 (Student Visa)? Denver, Co.

Asked over 1 year ago - Littleton, CO

I am under an F1, and want to obtain a driver´s license for being able to drive while I am living here, how can I do that?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Laura L Lichter

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyers agree

    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . F-1 Students are eligible for drivers licenses in Colorado--bring your paperwork to the DMV and they should be able to help you out. If you need more guidance or are having problems, contact your school official.

    This answer provides only general information and may not be relied on as legal advice. For more information... more
  2. Igor Serbinin


    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You can go to DMV and present your proof of status; visa and I-94/I-20 from school. Bank account has nothing to do with your eligibility for US Driver Licence. If you I-94 or I-20 has enough time on it left to issue Driver Licence DMV will give it to you limiting expiration day to that of on your documents. Or call them to save yourself a trip.

  3. Karen-Lee Pollak

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Show your visa and I20 to the colorado department of public Safety and check out their requirements to get a license

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,820 answers this week

2,817 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,820 answers this week

2,817 attorneys answering