Skip to main content

Is it possible to modify visitation agreement for my 10 mth old daughter? She acts sad and seems to have regressed after visits.

Houston, TX |

A month ago my daughters father and I signed a 'agreed child support review order' which gave standard visitation to my daughters father - 1st, 3rd, 5th weekend etc. Including an extended visit for summer for 30 days. At the time the agreement was made I was explained that I did not want the summer visit and her father said we would talk about it and make a decision about it together. Now he is saying that he won't let me have any time with her in July. I feel like she is too young for a summer away from me and even weekends away from me are extremely hard. I'm afraid I've made a terrible mistake. Now I am reading that most phycologist agree against overnight stays for infants. What can I do? Do I have a leg to stand on and with only a month until July could the agreement be modified?

Attorney Answers 3


Hire a lawyer today if you want to try to modify. What does your child's pediatrician say about the sadness/regression after visits?

This answer DOES NOT establish an attorney-client relationship. This answer is based on the limited information provided and is not intended to be conclusive advice. There are likely other factors that might influence or change the advice after a more lengthy consultation.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


Going with the AG's office is the free route, but as you've found it, it isn't always the best route. The AG represents the state, not you, or your best interests. You are on a very tight timeline now. Speak with a local family law attorney ASAP about your options and the possibility of a modification. Best of luck to you and your little one.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


Use the Find a Lawyer tab at the top of the page to locate an attorney in your area. You may be able to modify the order but this is not something I suggest you try without an attorney. Based on the small amount of time that has passed, your reasons for modifying so soon may be extremely limited. Talk to an attorney as soon as possible so you can discuss your case in more detail and your options. Best of Luck.

This answer is intended for informational and educational purposes only and should not be considered legal advice nor forming the attorney client relationship.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Family law topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics