Is it possible to have your dui record expunged in under 90 days?

Asked 10 months ago - Ebensburg, PA

I received a first tier, first offense dui, completed ARD

1. Robert C. Keller

7

Answered . An expungement petition can be filed and processed within 90 days, however, it will not be completed in that short of time. It will take the State Police and FBI atleast six months from the date they receive the expungement order to run it through their system. Also, keep in mind that Pendot will maintain a record of the matter for 10 years.

2. Zachary Cooper

7

Answered . You should talk with a DUI attorney who handles expungements. An expungement after successful completion of ARD can be filed almost immediately however it will take longer for everything to actually be expunged. After a Judge signs the order it the has to be sent to all the different agencies to then comply with.

3. Adam D. Zucker

Pro

7

Answered . It depends on the County. Some counties will move faster than others. In rtheory it should not take more than 90 days but in reality I have seen it take over 5 months. Keep in mind that some counties expunge automatically and some require that a petition be filed. The best thing you can do to help yourself along is to retain counsel to assist you

4. Robert Patrick Link

Pro

6

Answered . You can file the petition immediately; however, it make take several months for the record to be cleared from every single database. The sooner you get the ball rolling the better,

5. Theodor Kaplun

4

Answered . While the petition can be filed the time period for compliance by the entities involved often takes about 6 months. My suggestion is that you retain an attorney to get this filed at once. Good luck.

6. Mark Copoulos

Pro

Answered . You can get the petition filed. However, it will take longer than 90 days for the relative state agencies to comply with the court order to expunge.