Skip to main content

Is it possible to have the court request the parent of my children get a psych evaluation

Belleville, IL |

I think the parent does not know wrong from right, jumps from relationship to relationship (like moving in and marriages) lying, cheating, making things up about people who used to be close friends and childhood things to explain the actions of theirs. saying there was no bond with the last child, using guilt and manipulation on the children so they are mean to people. It seems this person is incapable of empathy and/or simply does not care who they hurt to get what they want and it is reflected on the children.

Attorney Answers 2


Here's the scoop kid, unless there's a pending petition relating to custody/visitation, the answer is no.

Mark as helpful


I'd like to add to what was posted. You can request a psychiatric evaluation of the other parent (which you may be required to pay for, and you'll likely be required to take one yourself), and you can also request a Guardian Ad Litem be appointed who will act on what is in the best interest of the children. To do all this, you'd better hire a family law lawyer and get a plan of action in place. Trying to do this pro se without an attorney is a recipe for failure.

Good luck to you.

God bless. Best of luck to you.

If you found this answer helpful, let me know by clicking the Thumbs-Up tab at the bottom. You may mark this as a Best Answer for the time I spent crafting this and thinking about your matter.

Mark as helpful

2 found this helpful

Child custody topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics