Is it possible to have a divorce petition sent to my spouse through certified mail with a signed receipt?

Asked over 1 year ago - Houston, TX

I understand that they need to be served, but if I send it certified mail and signed receipt is that sufficient enough for the courts. I read somewhere that it could work, but I would like to double check. Looking for the cheapest way to get this served.

1. Vicki Elaine Wiley

3

Best Answer

Answered . The only way you can get past having him served by a process server, or constable is if he will sign a waiver of service. If you are not on goid terms with him it is an investment in your future to have him served. Good luck.

2. Mark Anthony Cohan

Pro

2

Answered . That will not work. You need to have a licensed process server to serve your spouse in the state of Texas if you are in a contested divorce.

3. Michael Glynn Busby Jr.

Pro

2

Answered . Best to have personally served. You are trying to save dollars but the time involved is going to be more. Pay someone else for their time and go do something else.

4. Michael S. Martinez

Answered . Assuming this is a contested divorce, you need to have him served via a private process server. Good luck!