Is it possible to have a divorce petition sent to my spouse through certified mail with a signed receipt?

Houston, TX |
Filed under: Divorce Divorce court

I understand that they need to be served, but if I send it certified mail and signed receipt is that sufficient enough for the courts. I read somewhere that it could work, but I would like to double check. Looking for the cheapest way to get this served.

The only way you can get past having him served by a process server, or constable is if he will sign a waiver of service. If you are not on goid terms with him it is an investment in your future to have him served. Good luck.

This answer is general information which does not establish any attorney-client relationship between the person asking a question and the person answering, or a duty to respond to ongoing questions; nor is it intended to replace competent legal assistance in the jurisdiction where the matter/issue arises or is before a Court.

2. That will not work. You need to have a licensed process server to serve your spouse in the state of Texas if you are in a contested divorce.

3. Best to have personally served. You are trying to save dollars but the time involved is going to be more. Pay someone else for their time and go do something else.

4. Assuming this is a contested divorce, you need to have him served via a private process server. Good luck!