Is it possible to have "an after the fact" agreement with your spouse ?

Fort Lauderdale, FL |

me and my husband been together in Marriage for the past 2 years during that time we discussed many times about having our own Biasness and now after Me and my 4 years old left the house (there is an alcohol problem, domestic violence) he calls and after threatening to make up stories and said he will make sure he will do anything is his power to make sure I won’t get my permanent green card, since I have my green card over a year now, he said he is “willing” to make sure I’ll get it only if we will do a prenuptial agreement .. Sounds to me like blackmailed..
What should I do...I can’t afford a lawyer and I don’t know where to turn

There is such a thing as a prenuptial agreement done after you are married. This is called a post-nuptial agreement. But his threats that he will try to harm your immigration status are certainly of concern. There are exceptions in immigration that allow for spouses of relationships where there is domestic violence to get their immigration documents in order even with a divorce. You should contact the organization Americans for Immigrant Justice for assistance.

Good luck,

Vanessa Vasquez de Lara, Esq.
Attorney at Law
7700 N. Kendall Drive, Suite 412
Miami, FL 33156
(305) 984-4287
vvasquezesq@gmail.com
www.vvasquezlaw.com

Recommended articles about Family law