Is it possible to go forth with a citizenship case with out a birth certificate?

Everett, MA |

My Husband has an old criminal record we are trying to find a lawyer but everyone keeps saying he needs his birth certificate. Honduras says he doesn't exist in their system... HELP!!!

1. I believe it's a repost. Please see my earlier answer.

Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova , New York Immigration Attorney http://www.shautsova.com Blog: http://www.russianspeakinglawyerny.com

2. USCIS knows full well that whenever a birth certificate is not available one can present "secondary" evidence, e.g. a baptismal certificate, etc. and of course a national passport, even if expired.

For a list of acceptable "secondary" evidence, go to USCIS' website www.uscis.gov and download the instructions to Form I-130 "Petition for Alien Relative". (And if you can find your old Honduran passport, don't even bother doing that..

And do look for a good "abogado" in your area!
    Buena suerte hermanos!

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

3. There are ways to use other documents, how dxid he enter the US?

This is not legal advice until I am retained and have reviewed all facts about your situation.