Is it possible to get my felony conviction expunged from my record?

Alvarado, TX |

convicted dec 1999 Possesion of a controlled substance less than one gram.. Johnson Co. Texas sentenced 120-180days State Jail Therapeutic Community..did my time n I haven't had any charges of any kind since ...

1. Once a person is convicted of a crime, the only way to expunge a record is if the governor pardons the person. Your chances of getting a pardon are slim to none. Some years pardons number in the single digits. You should consult with a criminal defense attorney that also does post conviction work so that he or she can better evaluate your chances of a pardon. Good luck.

Legal disclaimer: My answers are only intended as general legal advice based on my experience. They are not intended to be a binding legal opinion nor to create an attorney-client relationship.

2. No. You are not eligible for expunction. The right to expunction applies to acquittals and dismissals. A conviction will remain on your record unless you are pardoned by the governer of Texas.

The information provided is not advice but a legal perspective and you should schedule a consultation with the lawyer of your choice.

3. The Texas expunction law does not provide for expunction of felony convictions with one possible exception - that is when and if the defendant is pardoned.

Answers on Avvo are for general information purposes only and should not be relied upon as legal advice. No attorney / client relationship is created by providing this answer. For specific advice about your situation, you should consult a competent attorney of your choosing.