Is it possible to get back to my work?

Phoenix, AZ |

I was fired because of a small misunderstanding. At my work place, Amazon.com, while i was working an other employee started talking to me and i started a conversation. It is in our culture that while we talk we move our hands and touch the other person. after couple of hours after the talking, manager came and took me for an investigation, which i was not aware for what reason. I also don't speak that much English and had hard time understanding what was going on. After a week doing an investigation, they called me and said that i was fired without mentioning the reason. I also had a contract with them, and i've been working there for one year and three months.

1. Only a handful or protected classes exist regarding at will employment in Arizona.

Gender, age, race, religion discrimination are protected classifications. In all other respects, an at will employee may be legally fired for no reason. Here there was a reason about a work mistake.

It would be nice if the employer had been more flexible and understanding, yet it was not illegal for the employer to have been rigid and firm in firing you

2. Arizona is an "at will" state, which means you can be terminated for any reason or no reason at all. However, one exception to that rule is a contract. If you have a written contract with them that expressly states you are to be employed from one date to another, you may have a wrongful termination case under ARS 23-1501. Please feel free to contact my office to set up a consultation. Thanks.
    Matt Fendon, Esq. 602-256-2000