Is it possible to get an out of court custody agreement?

Asked over 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

I have 2 daughters from the same father and i need to get a joint custody agreement that is completely legal, without having to go to court

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Isileli Tupou Manaia Mataele

    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . You can write an agreement and have it submitted to the court to be made an order.

    This is not a comprehensive answer and it is impossible to provide a meaningful response without a consultation.... more
  2. Abelardo Fernandez

    Contributor Level 11

    Answered . I agree. If you want it to be completely legal, it has to be signed by the court. Now, this does not mean you have to go to court but you do have to file the agreement with the court. Both of you can enter into an agreement and file it with the court. Now, you might need some assistance as some courts require certain language in the agreements before that judge signs it. You might want to pay an attorney to draft a short agreement for you and him.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,289 answers this week

2,976 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,289 answers this week

2,976 attorneys answering