Is it possible to get an order of protection against mother who attempted to commit suicide while 3 children (1,2,4) at home?

Palm Coast, FL |

She brought to hospital by 911 team and already discharged from hospital.

You should consult with a local attorney to whom you could explain all the details as there are different remedies that would include custody, supervised parenting access, etc.

It might be possible to get an injunction against domestic violence if the court found that you had a reasonable fear that your children were about to become the victims of domestic violence. If she has made threats about killing anyone besides her self, like your children, then I would think that this would be sufficient. Although, it depends on the judge ultimately. If you are the person who wrote yesterday and stated that your wife was threatening to kill everyone after she got released for trying to kill herself, then I would suspect that what she said in the past would be enough to support an injunction against domestic violence. First and foremost, however, I would think that she would have been Baker acted, etc. Good luck. You certainly have your hands full.

Please be advised that any answers or information disseminated above do not constitute legal advice and that the attorney responsible for this posting is merely attempting to participate in a Q & A session intended to be helpful but certainly not intended to be legal advice. It is important that you understand that no attorney-client relationship has been formed and that the attorney has no obligation to follow up with you with your legal issue unless you separately contact said attorney and arrange for him to legally represent you.

Anything is "possible"; however, there may be more effective ways of achieving the result that you want. I would assume that you want the children to be safe and not in the home if there is another attempt. You do not provide any information as to if you are the father, if you have a current paternity judgment or if you were married and have a final judgment of dissolution of marriage. If those things exist, then you can proceed in the family law case and seek some sort of emergency relief as well as other appropriate relief. I would encourage you to consult with a local attorney.
Best of luck.

This answer is for general informational purposes only and should not be relied upon for your particular case nor is it intended as legal advice. I have not reviewed your case nor have I met with you and the answer to this question does not in any manner whatsoever establish an attorney/client relationship.

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody