Is it possible to get alimony for a 4 year marriage

Cambridge, MA |
Filed under: Divorce

my friends are telling me I should wait to file?

It is possbile to get a form of alimony, please don't listen to your friends about divorce law, they are there to support you as friends, but you do need a lawyer at some point just as if you needed a doctor or a dentist, your friends are great for other advice but not legal unless of course they are lawyers. Waiting to file just to get alimony is a very personal decision. take care.

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Massachusetts. Responses are based solely on Massachusetts law unless stated otherwise.

Mary Katherine Brown

Mary Katherine Brown

As always, the highest regard should be given to the information provided by your local attorneys.

A new alimony law takes effect March 31. Under the new law there are 4 different types of alimony. Some of these are available for short.term marriages. However, not everbody will qualify for one of these types of alimony. You should consult an attorney who can discuss the facts of your marriage with you.

Howard M Lewis

Howard M Lewis

Always great counsel- Attorney Pransky is one of the best domestic relations practioners in Ma- I reccomend his services highly

Mary Katherine Brown

Mary Katherine Brown

No, and your friends are urging you to commit fraud. To stay in a marriage just to be alimony eligible makes you look horrible.

henry lebensbaum esq 300 Brickstone Sq Ste 201 andover, ma -- attorneylebensbaum@verizon.net (978) 749-3606.
Criminal Law (all courts), Drunk Driving, Drugs, Violence, Sex Offenses, theft, SORB, Divorce Child Custody Alimony Child Support & Modification, Contempts & Paternity Juveniles Domestic Violence & Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury, Guardianship, Conservatorship & Estate Administration & Legal Malpractice. For these & other areas, contact me. Email sent may be copied intercepted or held by computers.

Criminal Law (all misdemeanor & felonies in District and Superior Courts), Drunk Driving and Drug arrests, Sex Offenses, SORB, Crimes involving Violence or Theft, Domestic (Divorce, Child Custody, Alimony and Child Support) and Family Law (Modification, Contempts & Paternity), Juvenile Law, Domestic Violence and Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury claims, Probate Law (Guardianships, Conservatorships & Estate Administration) and Legal Malpractice. For these and other areas, contact me. NOTE: This preceding message DOES NOT create an attorney-client relationship. It is not a protected or confidential communication. The statements made herein are not to be interpreted as representations or warranties of any kind. No reliance should be placed on the statements made herein. It is recommended that the recipient(s) should undertake their own research to reach their own opinion. The writer does not accept professional responsibility on this matter. TO CREATE an attorney-client relationship REQUIRES a signed retainer/fee agreement along with a retainer fee that must be received by my office.

Don't listen to your friends in less they are lawyers. It's kind of like self-diagnosing yourself on the internet.