Is it possible to get a temporary licence to show the court if you are just starting to make payments on 2 failure to appear

Asked almost 3 years ago - Lomita, CA

I had driven my son's car to pick him up from college.I made an illegal turn and got stopped. My licence has been suspended for a couple of years i to show to the policet is also not insured. my son doesn't have his licence yet, so the car was never driven. A 30 day hold was placed on it. by then its $1,100. the only way to get it out before 30 days is I have to show proof that I got my licence. I have 2 failure to appear If I was to start making payments can I be issued some sort of licence to show proof so he can get car out early

1. Mark A. Broughton

Pro

4

Best Answer

Answered . Quite a mess. You are going to have to clear your FTAs. The court notifies DMV when you fail to appear and a hold is placed on tour license. So, you need to go to the court, have the cases placed on the court's calendar, show up on the scheduled date and take care of the cases. You can't just pay a FTA unless you were convicted of a crime of FTA and given a fine. If you have unpaid fines or traffic ticket you are going to have to pay them off as well. Bottom line: you are going to have to resolve all of it, including paying all your fines, before DMV will issue you a license.

2. Mark A. Broughton

Pro

4

3. Andrew Stephen Roberts

Pro

2

1

Answered . I agree with my colleague's response. The FTA's must be cleared before the holds will be lifted. In LA County you can get the holds lifted by obtaining an abstract- assuming you never appeared before. The clerk would set a court date to deal with the underlying offense and FTA. Only a payment in full will lift hold.

Andrew Roberts

4. John Addison Vos

Answered . No. You cannot get such a 'temporary' license until you take care of the problems.

You can get your license back easily within 30 days. Do not delay any further.