Skip to main content

Is it possible to get a suppression of a stattement give to police officers before trying to get an appeal and seek trial?

Rochester, NH |

I was held in a room for nearly twenty minutes and asked questions which I refused to answer and asked to leave. I was arrested after I finally caved and gave statements to the contrary and was charged with an admittance i never gave. I can't prove that I never admitted to a crime but I did have the owner of the apartment vouche for me to the lawyer that the police officer kept me detained for a lenthy period before making the arrest. My case had no physical evidence other then me being accused. The only reason I pleaded was because of the statement I alledgely gave confessing to the crime. Also what would the repression cover. Just the statements made while I was unlawfully detained or would everything I alledgely said during the arrest period also be omitted? I really appreciate any info

Attorney Answers 1


First, I am assuming that you have already plead guilty because you are talking about appealing your case. With this as the premise, your avenues of appeal are very limited. I would suggest speaking with the attorney who represented you at the guilty plea. If you represented yourself, you should speak to an experienced criminal attorney in your area right away. Understand that appeals and other post sentence motions are time sensitive, meaning, they must be filed within a certain number of days after the sentencing. Once this date is past, you may be without recourse.

Best of luck,

Coley O'Brien Reynolds, Esquire

Legal disclaimer: The above statement does not create an attorney client relationship and is for general informational purposes only. Only a lawyer fully versed on the facts and circumstances of your case can properly advise you on the case.

Mark as helpful

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics