Is it possible to get a restricted license to go to and from work after a second DUI?

Asked over 1 year ago - Roseville, CA

First DUI was almost 10 years ago and the second happened about a month and a half ago.

1. Aaron Reuben Bortel

Pro

6

1

Answered . If convicted of a 2nd DUI you will get suspended for two years. After three months you can usually get a license if you have an ignition interlock installed in your vehicle. You will need to keep the interlock (and pay for it) until the two years is up. Until this recent change in the law, you would have a one year suspension (no driving at all) and then could get the ignition interlock installed in your car for the next year.

Prior DUI's count from date of Arrest. If your new arrest was more than 10 years since your old Arrest date, this would be a first DUI.

2. Michael Jon Fremont

Pro

5

1

Answered . Yes after 90 days of suspension on a 2 nd dui you can get a restricted
    license if you spy dmv, insurance Sr22, enroll in sb38 multiple conviction
    program, and install iid in car. Consult an attorney for specifics
    >

3. Michael Korry Bialys

3

1

Answered . I would want to know what county you got the second DUI init actually makes a difference

4. Joshua Kaizuka

3

1

Answered . I agree with my collegues that on a second DUI conviction, an individual may be able to obtain a license to drive. However, the 90 days starts after the date of conviction, not when DMV may suspend based on an administrative finding of driving, at the time of driving that the blood alcohol was .08 or higher, and that the arrest was lawful. Moreover, if the arrest occurred in Placer County, it is one of the worst counties to have criminal charges for a DUI as it relates to jail time, part of it in may be required to be in custody depending on the circumstances including the blood alcohol level.

5. Mark K Rosenfeld

3

Answered . Yes, after 90 days.