Is it possible to find out if a warrant has been issued in New Jersey online?

Manasquan, NJ |

I am afraid a warrant was issued in New Jersey for non compliance with a court order after a DUI. Is it possible to access this information online? If I must contact the court will I get in additional trouble if I want to resolve the matter? Or should I hire an attorney first to assist with this matter and what area of law should the attorney focus on to be of the most assistance? Thank you very much in advance.

You can call the court and find out if there is a warrant and the bail amount. Or an attorney can do it. You need an experienced criminal defense attorney.

Odds are, if you fear that the Court issued a warrant for non-compliance, there is a good reason for the Court to issue a warrant for non-compliance, and they most likely did.

If you are uncomfortable with the idea of talking with the Courts, talk to a lawyer firs. Many, like I do, offer free initial consults on these types of cases. If you are interested in setting up a consult, write me at and I'll reply.