Is it possible to expunge a public intoxication conviction in Texas?

Mcallen, TX |

Convicted of Public Intoxication when I was 19 wanted to know if it was possible to expunge the arrest.

1. Unfortunately, if the arrest resulted in a "final" conviction, you are not eligible for an expunction under Chapter 55 of the Code of Criminal Procedure.

Disclaimer: The information you obtain at Avvo is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. Under no circumstances do answers by this Texas attorney to questions on Avvo result in or create an attorney-client relationship.

2. No. Final convictions cannot be expunged.
    Www.Austincriminaldefenseattorney.Com
    512-495-1813
    Austin Jail Release and Bond Assistance
    Austin Probation Lawyer
    Expungement Lawyer

My answers are intended only as general legal advice and are not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for a full consultation with a local experienced criminal defense attorney. For more answers based on my 19 years of experience visit my website, www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com

3. Convictions under Texas law are not expungeable under Texas law. If you are desparate for an expunction, you will need to seek a pardon. Pardoned offenses do fall under current expunction law. Applying for a pardon is a bit complicated. I suggest that you see an attorney for assistance in doing that if that is how you want to go.

Answers on Avvo are for general information purposes only and should not be relied upon as legal advice. No attorney / client relationship is created by providing this answer. For specific advice about your situation, you should consult a competent attorney of your choosing.