Is it possible to expunge a public intoxication conviction in Texas?

Asked over 1 year ago - Mcallen, TX

Convicted of Public Intoxication when I was 19 wanted to know if it was possible to expunge the arrest.

1. Kyle Stephen Deese

1

Answered . Unfortunately, if the arrest resulted in a "final" conviction, you are not eligible for an expunction under Chapter 55 of the Code of Criminal Procedure.

2. Richard Timothy Jones

1

Answered . No. Final convictions cannot be expunged.
    Www.Austincriminaldefenseattorney.Com
    512-495-1813
    Austin Jail Release and Bond Assistance
    Austin Probation Lawyer
    Expungement Lawyer

3. Evan Edward Pierce-Jones

1

Answered . Convictions under Texas law are not expungeable under Texas law. If you are desparate for an expunction, you will need to seek a pardon. Pardoned offenses do fall under current expunction law. Applying for a pardon is a bit complicated. I suggest that you see an attorney for assistance in doing that if that is how you want to go.