Is it possible to expunge a PBJ from my record if it was for a DUI in Maryland??

Rockville, MD |

I received a PBJ in 2008, completed my probation in 2009 and would like to clean my record if possible. Please advise..

1. The expungement statute does not permit PBJ for DUI to be expunged. Additional information about expungement is available in the court forms at mdcourts.gov.

Information in the reply is provided as a public service. It is neither a comprehensive statement of the law nor legal advice, and no one should rely on it as such. If you have a legal problem or question, you should consult with an attorney, who can investigate the particular circumstances of your situation. Responding to a post does not constitute legal representation. I am not your lawyer, until we make an agreement and I receive my fee. Beware that posts and replies are not confidential. Anyone can read them.

2. No. The rules do not permit DUIs to be expunged unless you are found not guilty.

3. Unfortunately, a DUI cannot be expunged. If you were advised by your attorney otherwise and you relied on that advice to enter into a plea agreement, you may want to review if there is post conviction relief available

I am pleased to communicate with you concerning legal matters. However, if you communicate with me through this website regarding a matter for which my firm DOES NOT ALREADY REPRESENT YOU, your communication may NOT be treated as privileged or confidential, and shall NOT be deemed to create an attorney/client relationship. Furthermore, you should NOT provide confidential information to my law firm in an e-mail inquiry or otherwise unless we have FIRST entered into a representation agreement.