Is it possible to end pretrial diversion early?

Louisville, KY |
Filed under: Criminal defense

I have been on pretrial diversion through Jefferson Circuit Court since July 2010. It is for five years, and set to end in July 2015. I have fulfilled all requirements of the diversion and not had any violations or new charges in the intervening time, and although I was on supervision initially, I have been unsupervised since October 2011. I am currently working on a masters degree and will be graduating in December 2014. I was mostly wanting to know if it is possible or even realistic to get removed from diversion early, such as this summer. I'll be job searching this fall, and even though there is absolutely nothing about the charges that bear any relevance/issues to the jobs I'm seeking, I know that employers still discriminate, and I don't want to be shut out from employment.

Contact A criminal defense attorney to review the Circuit Court file and prepare a motion to terminate the pretrial diversion agreement early. He/she can speak with the prosecutor and your PO to see if they will agree to the motion.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..