Is it possible to do not have an interview after filing file for asylum?

Salt Lake City, UT |
Filed under: Political asylum

I already sent my application there's 4 months and still nothing I went to take my fingerprints that's all I'm afraid they sent a response to the date of my interview and I have not received

No you will have an interview. You should be working with an attorney, if you are not you need one, it is rare a person successfully claims asylum without one.
Nicklaus Misiti
Law Offices of Nicklaus Misiti
212 537 4407

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Everyone who files an application for asylum with United States Citizenship and Immigration Services is scheduled for an interview. The timing of the interview can vary considerably depending upon where you reside. Four months is not in and of itself unusual. If you are not represented by counsel I strongly suggest that you hire an attorney to assist you in this endeavor. There is much more to a successful asylum application simply filling out forms.

While this answer is provided by a Florida Bar Certified Expert in Immigration and Nationality Law, it is for general information purposes only and an attorney/client relationship is neither intended nor created. You should seek out qualified counsel to review your case and provide you with advice specific to your situation. Call +1-561-478-5353 to schedule a consultation with Mr. Devore.

Recommended articles about Immigration