Skip to main content

Is it possible to destroy a juvenile record?

Tucson, AZ |

I want to enroll in my school's NROTC program, but I'm afraid my juvenile record will interfere. I got it expunged the first chance I got but I understand that any sort of record can be found in any background check in the military, whether it was sealed or expunged. Is there any way i can fully destroy the record so that it wont show up in a military background check?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6


Meet with a local criminal defense counsel and explore a legal eligibility to either seal or expunge your records.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions stated above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual or legal circumstances related to one's current legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a comprehensive legal before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. Respectfully, Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko, Chicago, Illinois 773-562-8602



Kathryn Mary Holton

Kathryn Mary Holton


I mean no its best to hire a lawyer to help.


You can move to expunge it. Meet with a local attorney to inquire about it. The Florida statute requires that you disclose even if expunged when certain institutions such as the military inquire. I also believe that Homeland security has access to records that are expunged.


My thought is that the military background check will turn it up even if expunged. You can't "destroy" the record. You should ask the ROTC program if your prior will keep you out. They may even know of people who got in with what you have, or know lawyers who can help you seal/expunge your record.

This general legal advice does not create an attorney-client relationship. Every case is individual and to have legal advice that you can rely on you need to talk to an attorney one on one, answer their questions, and hire them.


Sure see Arizona revised statutes 8-348 and 8-349. Contact an attorney familiar with these statutes to help.


In Arizona, you may apply to have the judgment set aside.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer