Is it possible to destroy a juvenile record?

Asked 11 months ago - Tucson, AZ

I want to enroll in my school's NROTC program, but I'm afraid my juvenile record will interfere. I got it expunged the first chance I got but I understand that any sort of record can be found in any background check in the military, whether it was sealed or expunged. Is there any way i can fully destroy the record so that it wont show up in a military background check?

1. Robert Francis Gruler Jr.

Pro

2

Answered . Sure see Arizona revised statutes 8-348 and 8-349. Contact an attorney familiar with these statutes to help.

2. Dean George Tsourakis

Pro

3

Answered . You can move to expunge it. Meet with a local attorney to inquire about it. The Florida statute requires that you disclose even if expunged when certain institutions such as the military inquire. I also believe that Homeland security has access to records that are expunged.

3. Randal Lee Hutson

1

Answered . In Arizona, you may apply to have the judgment set aside.

4. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

2

Answered . Meet with a local criminal defense counsel and explore a legal eligibility to either seal or expunge your records.

5. Kathryn Mary Holton

1

Answered . No.

6. Timothy Foster Lloyd

1

Answered . My thought is that the military background check will turn it up even if expunged. You can't "destroy" the record. You should ask the ROTC program if your prior will keep you out. They may even know of people who got in with what you have, or know lawyers who can help you seal/expunge your record.