Is it possible to be sentenced to "house arrest" for gross vehicular manslaughter in california?

Asked about 4 years ago - Norwalk, CA

Has anyone seen this happen or think it is possible in Los Angeles?

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Robert Lee Marshall

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Nobody can give you a meaningful answer based on two sentences. The defendant should have an attorney, who has much more information about the case and is in a better position than a stranger on the Internet who knows nothing.

    Judges consider many factors --including the circumstances of the crime, the defendant's criminal record and background, and the input of the victim's family -- when imposing sentence.

  2. Robert Laurens Driessen

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Mr. Marshall is correct. There are far too many factors left to be determined to answer your question. Bottom line if you are being charged as it appears you are you need a great criminal defense attorney to assist you.
    Robert Driessen

  3. Lewis Robert Rosenblum

    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . Anything is possible, but I doubt it. Face the facts, you killed someone the police, the prosecutor and the victim's family are going to fight like hell to see you spend as much time in jail as they can possibly get. If you get house arrest they will be in a position where they should give it to everybody. I wouldn't count on such a break.

  4. Andrew Stephen Roberts


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . As the other attorneys have noted-there is no absolute answer to this question. Many factors come into play when- if ever- house arrest is granted by the court. You definitely should speak with and hire an attorney when attempting this.

    Andrew Roberts

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,895 answers this week

3,079 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,895 answers this week

3,079 attorneys answering